Top 5 Songs (Week Starting 22/06)

Yes, while I'm doing all my other lists I have taken to time to bring you another five this week. Surprisingly, only one song has found it's way through from my top 48, which is quite impressive considering I've been listening to it for most of the week.

5. A Shot In the Dark - Playing With Matches

None of you will have heard of this unless I've sent it to you. It's one of my favourite songs of all time, I like it so much, that it's my text message tune :p I don't know what it's about because that's how unknown it is lol. Also, no lyrics because like Adalia, you WILL see this song another time :P.

4. The New Black - Every Time I Die

Do we recognize this name? We certainly do, this song has just joined the "posted twice" club! I still love it's cockiness and even the can opening sound at the start suggests that It's relaxed. I love it!

3. Rooftops - Lostprophets

Ok, the list kinda starts here :p. I rediscovered this song while watching kerrang, and the video came on and I was like "oh, I like this song!". I used to listen to it on repeat back when it came out :p Apparently it's about living your life to the full and having no regrets. I don't care, check out some lyrics (there aren't many):

Good Lyrics: "Will we make a mark,
This time.
Will we always say we tried"

"Standing on the rooptops,
Everybody scream your heart out"

"Standing on the rooftop,
Waiting till the bomb drops,
This is all we've got now,
Scream until your heart stops,
Never gonna regret,
Watching every sunset,
Listen to your heartbeat,
All the love that we've felt."

2. Champagne - Cavo

Not sure where this song came from to be honest, I picked it up while looking for sink into me I think. Anyway, it popped up while I was having a case of (virtual) road rage. And it worked, I beat Jazmine's high score with this in the back ground. It's one of those songs that has a bit of adrenaline taped to the side. I think the meaning sort of speaks for itself (a relationship ending), but I'm not certain because I can't even find the lyrics, I'll just have a shot at posting the chorus :p

Good Lyrics:
"Could've been the champagne,
The champagne,
Could've been the cocaine,
The cocaine,
Could've been the way you looked at me,
That told me we were through,
Could've been a bad day,
A bad day,
Could've been the real way
The real way,
Could've been the way you looked at me,
That told me we were through"

1. Three Cheers For Five Years - Mayday Parade

It's about time these guys got a number 1 :p I've only started listening to this song lately, it carries a lot of their emotion and it's not their most emotional song (see miserable at best). It just caught my ears while my playlist did it's thing and like other mayday parade songs, it presents real emotion, maybe not as much as miserable at best (if ever i have a depressed week that WILL be number one) and obviously it's about a breakup (most likely after five years together on their anniversary) and apparently the guy thinks that things will be better after a month apart but because the girl cheated on him he just can't forgive her. There you go.

"I swear that you don't have to go
I thought we could wait for the fireworks
I thought we could wait for the snow
To wash over Georgia and kill the hurt
I thought I could live in your arms
And spend every moment I had with you
Stay up all night with the stars
Confess all the faith that I had in you
To late, I'm sure and lonely
Another night, another dream wasted on you
Just be here now against me
You know the words so sing along for me baby
For heaven's sake I know you're sorry
But you won't stop crying
This anniversary may never be the same
Inside I hope you know I'm dying
With my heart beside me
In shattered pieces that may never be replaced
And if I died right now you'd never be the same

I thought with a month of apart
Together would find us an opening
And moonlight would provide the spark
And that I would stumble across the key
Or break down the door to your heart
Forever could see us not you and me
And you'd help me out of the dark
And I'd give my heart as an offering

And I will always remember you as you are right now to me
And I will always remember now
Sleep alone tonight with no one here just by your side
How does he feel, how does he kiss
How does he taste while he's on your lips
I can't forget you
I know you want me to want you
I want to
But I can't forgive you
So when this is over don't blow your composure baby
I can't forgive you
I know you want me to want you I want to"

0 comments:

Post a Comment