Top 5 Songs! (Week Starting 01/06/09)

I'd just like to announce before I give you this week's list that I was wrong about You Me At Six, they haven't been top of my list twice, Save it for the bedroom came 3rd and 4th I think. This is possibly the closest list ever, 2,3 and 4 were practically inseparable :p

5. Foster - April Sixth

I've been listening to this song today because someone beat my score on it on audiosurf, I had a crack at reclaiming my throne earlier, my original score was about 61,000, this other score was 63,000. I was a bit sloppy originally because the only score on the list was roughly 4,000. I was ready, on my first run i picked up 66,000. But I didn't want it to stop there. There's an award the neither of us had picked up that adds 30% to your score, after about an hour, I had it and my score was 92,000. Beat that.

I like this song because it has emotive power, it talks about being a homeless child, and taking parents for granted, and it really gets to me.

Good Lyrics: "To all the rest who have a mother and father,
Who have given them a home and a name.
Would check before you walk away like you don't need them,
'Cause some of us would kill just to have them for a day."

"Cause I'm fine (fine).
Livin' in the back streets,
Holding on to all that's mine.
Home just hasn't yet arrived,
For me."

"And along the way in a different world
Of a different time of a different man
You would come into the better years
The best years of your life."

"Well,
We might lead in a different world of a different time (different time)
But all that matters is that I'm alive.
Yeah I'm alive."

4. A Letter From Janelle - Chiodos
Yes, that's right: Chiodos make their return to my list, with a song sent to me by Emily. This song is clearly about a guy who's in a relationship and knows he is being played. The chorus is really effective, I love it.


Good Lyrics: "move with me, move with me. move with me, move with me"

"[Chorus] Don't you think I could tell you were trying to
trying to make
a fool out of me
a fool out of me

Don't you think I could tell you were trying to
trying to make
a fool out of me
a fool out of me"

=2. Remember to Feel Real - Armor For Sleep

Yupp, it's official. This is the first time that there's been a joint number of any kind on my fantastic list. These two songs were just too good to be seperated. I've been listening to this a lot in the past week as an attempt to inspire a verse in my latest set of lyrics. Apparently, it's about a guy considering his life after he's died, and how everyone was different around him. I don't care, have some lyrics :p

Good Lyics: "Waste all your time with me
I know I'm a mess right now
Don't give up in me
I'd wait it out for you
Waste all your time with me
I know I'm a mess right now
Don't give up in me
I'd wait it out for you"

=2. Everchanging (Acoustic) - Rise Against

Why not the original? Because this is better. It's slower, and the guitar doesn't fight the vocals. Because of the guitar just giving a tune instead of trying to impress people, the lyrics come through a lot stronger, and hit you harder. It's about a relationship between a guy and a girl that's been going on for a long time, then suddenly the girl isn't sure and the guy leaves before the girl breaks up with him.

Good Lyrics:"in the face of change
is when she turned to me and said,
"i'm not sure anymore...""

"have you ever been a part of something
that you thought would never end?
and then of course it did

have you ever felt the weight inside you
pulling away inside your skin?
and then something had to give

now the lines are drawn
is this feeling gone?
the best parts of this have come and gone
and now that is all this is"

"now something has kept me here too long and you can't leave me if i'm already gone"

"make the same mistakes we're always hanging onbreak the promises we're always leaning onall this time spent waking up"

"now something has kept me here too long and now i'm gone... "

1. Come Right Out and Say It - Relient K

Yes, this is officially the first band to top my list twice! and within three weeks too! I'm so exited :p It came on earlier this week and I've been searching through all my Relient K songs since. But here it is. I can't find any explaination of this song on my lyrics site, so I'm gonna have a crack at it: It's about a girl who deoesn't talk straight and is just vague. Probably about her feelings for him, and he asks her to just "come right out and say it", even if he doesn't like the answer. How's that?

"I better rest my eyes, 'cause I'm growing weary of this point you've been trying to make
So rather than imply, why don't you just verbalize all the things that you're trying to say?
Thought this would turn out so well
But I'm beginning to see that instead, It's trouble
Into a pattern we fell,
Of prolonging the inevitable

Why don't you come right out and say it?
Even if the words are probably gonna hurt,
I'd rather have the truth than something insincere
Why don't you come right out and say it? (Come right out and say it)
What it is you're thinking, though I'm thinking it's not what I wanna hear

I better check my pride, because I was starting to think that I was onto something good
But things started to slide and I sit here in retrospect, understanding that I misunderstoodT
hought I could make up your mind
You had a decision locked up so tight, it couldn't be touched
Thought you were being so kind
By keeping your mouth sealed shut, rather than just opening it up

Why don't you come right out and say it?
Even if the words are probably gonna hurt,
I'd rather have the truth than something insincere
Why don't you come right out and say it? (Come right out and say it)
What it is you're thinking, though I'm thinking it's not what I wanna hear

And I'll try to guess what goes on in your head
'Cause in your mind, I just might find all those things you left unsaid
And I'll try to make you not regret anything
But later on, after I'm gone,
You'll wish that you had listened to me
Had listened to me

Why don't you come right out and say it?
Even if the words are gonna hurt, we're better off this way
Why don't you come right out and say, come right out and say
What I know you're thinking anyway

Why don't you come right out and say it?
Even if the words are probably gonna hurt,
I'd rather have the truth than something insincere
Why don't you come right out and say it? (Come right out and say it)
What it is you're thinking,
oh, what is it you're thinking?

Why don't you?
What if is you're thinking, though I'm thinking it's not what I wanna hear"

2 comments:

James said...

yes of course there isn't two number 2s this weeks is there lolz

Adam said...

What?

Post a Comment