9. I need you to believe in something

The chemical brothers - Believe

No problem finding material today! Or tomorrow as a matter of fact. Maybe the day after too...Fuck it, let's just make it the London weekend!

This is me, in Trafalgar square, struggling with sunlight. Why was he in Trafalgar? Why can't he take a decent photo of himself? What's being built there? Good questions, but I can only answer the first. I went to London with Karolina for her first photo shoot in which she was the photographer. You may see the photographee later (no, I know you want it to be me, you'll be disappointed).

Personally, I don't have much of a clue what Lina and her model did in Trafalgar at the time, I just looked after bags and read my science magazine on a searing hot bench, conservatively drinking one of my three bottles of water, I go prepared.

We were late getting into London to meet our victim, which was partially my fault, but I like to blame the economy. I was stabbed in the back by bus kind again; the bus was so ridiculously late that I managed to catch the next bus, which was full of the elderly with sprinklings of ex francis combe students (six including me). But hey, we got there, which was a plus.

After Trafalgar, we traveled north to Camden, where more pictures were taken (more on those tomorrow, as I only took one there). After a well deserved lunch at Costa (pictured above), we ventured outwards and found a moderately interesting wall to use as a background for more
pictures. However, if you're looking for pictures of the actual market, you're out of luck.

Our final destination was Hyde Park. Now, I had never been to Hyde Park before today, and I imagined luscious green grass for as far as the eye could see, almost a mythical vision of the country's most well known park.

What we found was something quite different: Yupp, I completely forgot that the grass was dead everywhere else. Hyde Park is no different. Especially during London's hottest day of the year so far (31 degrees = very hot)

Here's a picture I just ganked from this article written for the evening standard, it really did look like a wasteland, it was quite awe inspiring.

However, Karolina had motive, so we headed straight for the lake, where we had a quick rest to review the 500 or so pictures taken so far. I found a nice bench so I could be abandoned while the photography crew gallivanted off into the wilderness. It's just a guess, but I reckon I was waiting for an hour (but I could be exaggerating). I don't mind, I learned about nuclear submarines and human genomes among other things. I feel enlightened (and maybe a little burnt).Upon our return to the glorious town of Watford, I was finally Allowed to see (but not touch) the eight hundred and something taken pictures, all of them.

Over all, it was a good day, I drunk god knows how much water and Karolina did really well with her first shoot, I really look forward to attending/hearing about the next one! Obviously I give thanks to Karolina for giving me a great day and lending me the cash for a train ticket.

Stay tuned for the decent photos tomorrow!

3 comments:

eleanor1812 said...

a good, meaty blog post today, well done. sounds like you had an interesting time, make sure you tell me all about it!

Lina said...

this is just about the worst picture of me
i guess that's one of the reasons why i hate you..! oh and i emailed you the photos earlier

Adam said...

Lol, one of the MANY reasons.

Post a Comment