21. Creativity

I've been working my way through movie soundtracks lately. Here's one of the one's that has caught me most. It's from 28 Days Later, blah blah blah.

John Murphy -In the house in a heartbeat


In a very convenient twist of fate, I was asked by Eleanor to go and see Inception with her, perfectly creating a theme between today's piece of music and what I did today. Well done Eleanor, top job with that whole psychic shindig.

The film itself was amazing, I loved it, because it made me think. Today, I'm going to share many of those thoughts and the thoughts they linked to, just because I can. So before I start, I should probably warn you that I won't contain myself here, I'm just going write whatever runs through my head. In other words, shit could get crazy.

Inception is a film that heavily focuses on dreaming, so naturally in my deep after movie conversation with Eleanor, the argument of dreams vs reality came up. Of course, in dreams you occasionally create a perfect scenario, you get things the easy way, and given the choice, to live in the dream for the rest of your life would be great, easy pickings. Your life would be built for you. But does it not feel better to go out and build that life yourself? To paint your own picture, as it were. However, then the concept of detail came into play. It's all very well and good to say "I'm going to ask that girl out tomorrow," but then you have to switch to a finer brush and fill in all the details. For instance, what exactly do you say? Although this may seem off putting, the point I'm desperately trying to reach is that when you finish your chosen task and come out with your masterpiece, it feels so damn good.

Eventually I came onto the the subject that's been looming over me for quite some time. I need something constructive to do this summer, especially now that it seems that I genuinely have to get up before 10am from now on. Fair enough, it's easy to create beautiful pieces of art (metaphorically speaking), but I'm a mathematician at heart, so what I create has to be near enough perfect. I'm fully aware that when I do apply myself to something, the results are fantastic. Look at this blog for example! Eleanor naturally suggested learning an instrument, being a musician herself, but I don't quite have enough space for that. I could try woodwork, start a web comic, learn to drive, learn a language, write something amazing from my already extensive list of ideas. The ideas just keep flowing. My problem is that at the end of the day, I just don't have the will power.

So how do I create said will power?

Maybe it relates to a certain lack of self confidence that I face with new challenges in life. It's a possibility that improving my confidence will improve my will power, so here's the plan: I take on a challenge which is far from compulsory in relation to living my life, yet if I succeed, plenty of new doors could be opened which could possibly enchance my life in the long run.

Sounds easy enough.
P.S. Don't let this post make you think i had anything less than an awesome day!

1 comments:

eleanor1812 said...

way to make things simple Adam, lol. don't worry, we will think of something.

Post a Comment