18. 8-bit wonders

Just for the record, Anamanaguchi and Tiger Bicep (which is Jake Reed, the drummer from Tat) are the only two groups I like who make this kind of music. Here you go, TRY to enjoy ^.^

Anamanaguchi - Tempest, Teamwork, Triumph


If you're interested in what the other two members of Tat do in their spare time, Nick Kent (the bassist) does photography and Tatiana produces other artists, which i'm currently hunting down.

And since this blog post seemed to be just a cunning excuse to talk about Tat, here are some photos for my own personal enjoyment, ganked from this interview.

Yes, this is partially all a big distraction from the fact that I did nothing but play Mario today (but I completed like 50% of the game). I thought this whole games and sleep period would end tomorrow with some form of social event, but apparently not. So i'll just hold out until Thursday.

In other news, I have a moderately geeky quest (as if using the word quest wasn't geeky enough). I have a box of several thousand cards from a game called Magic: the Gathering which I need to get rid of. Now, obviously it's easy to just dump a box of cards that I paid a fiver for half a decade ago, but I reckon i could make a profit if I put the effort in. I'll probably have to travel to places I never want to travel to in order to find out how much I can get for these thing cardboard wastes of spaces.

I can't remember what else I wanted to do this summer, I'll consult my list and get back to you tomorrow.

15 comments:

Katoli said...

Magic the gathering price guides & shit:
http://www.magictraders.com/pricelists/

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_2320266_sell-magic-gathering-cards-online.html

http://www.pojo.com/Magic/prices/index.html

(and you can refer to these for pricing and shit)
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=magic+the+gathering&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Katoli said...

s'all cool. My girlfriends little bros used to be into it and had a big fuck-off box like yours haha :)

Adam said...

That box has been the bane of my life recently, I need to sell it to reclaim my desk, then get a new desk chair and then I can get As and Bs and go to uni. Simple.

Katoli said...

according to the girlfriends bro (because I call people for you), the quickest way is to just ebay them, but if you really really want money for them, it's worth waiting to attempt to find proper players, but his apparently sold pretty quick on ebay. Apparently works especially well if you sell them in lots of 40-or-so.

And because desk chairs apparently give you A's and B's.

Adam said...

desk chairs, personal space, same thing. I know a guy who knows someone in charge of one of those indie tabletop shops who do magic: the gathering competitions (I know this because he won the last one), I'm currently trying to contact him.

I'm really trying to do this without using my mother's paypal account.

Katoli said...

haha. You'll get there eventually.
In any event. I hope you get rid of them.
AND get your A's & B's.

What're you taking anyway?

Adam said...

Maths, further Maths, Biology and then AS accounting on the side because apparently further maths isn't actually a real subject according to FCS.

How about you? Where are you gonna go?

Katoli said...

Oaklands. I'm taking psycology, sociology, photography & philosophy.
And then, from there, I can take a course to be an arts therapist (:
What's your plan?

Adam said...

Maths at uni, I haven't decided where yet. And then I persue a life of awesomeness with my wife and 2.4 children.

Katoli said...

Haha, I know an Adam currently doing maths at uni. (: your wife and 2.4 children?
Dude, stand out a little.

Adam said...

I totally will, we'll live in a house with snowboard stilts in the alps or something.

Sometimes standing out is fitting in. - Adam Batchelor

Just in case it hasn't been said by any cool philosophers.

Katoli said...

there's been a variation on it, sorry sug'.

I'm never getting a husband.
Or children for that matter.

Adam said...

Sug'?

Either way, I will personally rock, therefore everything else is irrelevant.

Katoli said...

sug'. like sugar, but without the ar. I say it to everyone. It's that or meine kind, meine susse, sugarpop/sugarpopprincess or m'darlin'.

and haha. Yeah. I rock harder.

Adam said...

Yeah w.e, we'll see.

Post a Comment