Top 5 Songs (week starting 27/07)

Quite a few repeats this week, and all bands you've seen before, but quite an impressive list all the same :)

5. Deathbed - Relient K

The longest song on my playlist at over 11 minutes long. The title kind of sums it up, it's a guy on his deathbed. I only really like the chorus, which is right here:

"I can smell the death on the sheets
Covering me
I can't believe this is the end

I can hear those sad memories
Still haunting me
So many things I'd do again

But this is my deathbed
I lie here alone
If I close my eyes tonight
I know I'll be home"

4. Walk on Water or Drown - Mayday Parade

This song probably suits my mood quite well. Mayday Parade are quite good at suiting my mood, this is one of my favourite songs by them, I've known it for agesss. You'll see what it's about in the lyrics, good song...

Good Lyrics: "Well, this hurts me more than I can stand to say in just one sitting"

"Oh, and everybody knows this is the part
Of breaking down in anybody's arms"

"As I'm looking to the sky to count the stars
I wonder if you see them where you are"

"[Chorus]
And then I fell into pieces and she fell into me
Saying, "Play me a song
It's been too long since I've heard you sing."

And yeah, we all fall to pieces
But at least you fell to me
But this is a wrong night
Tell me goodnight and let it go"

3. The Ransom - Escape the Fate

This came up to suit my mood earlier this week, something came up that I really took a bitter approach to, this was a very good sound track to suit. Any veterans of my blog might just remember that this song came up in my second ever list, just thought you'd like to know...

Good Lyrics:

"Sending shivers right down your spine"

"[Chorus]
Quick
We have the ransom
Tell me how that you can swim
When ropes are wrapped around your limbs
Below
There's no more chances
So tell me now if you can swim
When ropes are wrapped around your limbs"

"I know you'll never change so please just hold on"

"There is a fine line between betrayal and your friends "

2. The Bird and the Worm - The Used

This song (along with my number 1) has been very consistant lately. It's moving it's way up my favourite songs list and I'd say it's probably in my top 10, possibly even my top 5. I love the line at the end of the chorus "To save his life, He crawls like a worm from a bird", I feel it suits me quite well :)

1. The New Black - Every Time I Die

I think that this has just become my favourite song. I don't know, my favourite songs tend to suit me, Adalia by Madina Lake highlighted my relationship with Ellen, so that became my favourite song back then. Call if you want to by The Riverclub was upbeat yet lonely, again, suiting me. The New Black is cocky, and about knowing who you are, even if you aren't such a great person, and I love it.

I looked up Every Time I Die yesterday and discovered that I really don't like any of their other songs. I guess they just hit it off with this one, awesome vocals that don't scream too much, cheeky little guitar riffs, cocky drums, verrrry good combination. I also found the video, which I like quite a lot. Unfortunately it's too late to add it to my list so I'm just gonna post it for you here:

Love the ending and what's going on next to the pool :p

0 comments:

Post a Comment