It's not the winning that counts . . .

Ok, it is. This is just some lie that losers tell themselves when they need to get over it. As it happens, i don't.

So, over the past couple of Saturdays some stuff has gone down (poker and quizzing), so I'd better get blogging about them.
In three weeks we've had two games of poker, and to be honest, both haven't ended well. Not because I lost, because we just ran out of time, a rushed ending to a game (James got lucky) does not make it a game in my opinion. But that said, we all had fun so that's okay.

Either way, I still yearn to actually have a proper game of poker that we actually finish, I feel like I haven't played since August. Things will all come together in the end!

Yesterday, I went quizzing with peoples. I got Eleanor and myself a lift to Aaron's, where we were to meet the other happy quizzers: Tom, Nicole and Callum (and Rajiv turned up when we got to the hall place thingie). We had named ourselves well: Team Rocket! The most intimidating team there was a bunch of 40-something alcoholics, but that's because we hadn't seen the two "senior" teams at the front. We came fourth, not bad for "young people", as we were called. It won't be the last, we WILL win a quiz someday, someday...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG if you had me you would win think what the iphone could do for you!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment