Cover Songs

It's been hella long time since I did a music post, and I understand that at least one of you yearns for one :P So, I'm going to talk about my favourite cover songs. You might wonder why I've chosen cover songs of all things, I was inspired to write about cover songs when I found a cover version of Lady Gaga's "Poker Face", by You Me At Six, which is pretty cool.

In preparation for this list of all list, I scoured my massive music library for about 10 mins, looking for all cover songs. The filtering didn't end there though, I then deleted the ones that aren't cool (in my opinion, obviously). Eventually, I had a playlist of about 16 songs, not the best number for a list. But I had another card to play: Nokia Music assigns albums to the songs I already have, sometimes they're different. One of the songs I found was assigned the album "punk goes pop", so I had a peek and downloaded. Once filtering the songs to my liking, I had the perfect number of 20 ^.^ Then I deleted five of them because they were crap (in my opinion).

Anyway, here's my list, I advise/order you to look them up:

15. Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm
14. Feeling Good - Muse
13. Wannabe - Zebrahead
12. The 12 Days of Christmas - Relient K
11. Under Pressure - My chemical Romance & The Used
10. ...Baby One More Time - Bowling for Soup
9. Toxic - A Static Lullaby
8. Can't Take My Eyes Off You - The Ordinary Boys
7. Love Song - Four Years Strong (Sara Bareilles version, in case anyone knows of any different love songs :P)
6. When I Grow Up - Mayday Parade
5. Baby Got Back - Throw Down
4. Get Back - Sum 41 (Ludacris was in this version too, so technically it's a remix)
3. Bleeding Love - The Wombats
2. Poker Face - You Me At Six
1. Jamie All Over - Mayday Parade

Just to clear up, all of you Mayday Parade fanatic will now be in outrage, screaming at me because Jamie all over isn't a cover. BUT, Mayday Parade used to be two bands, and one of these two bands (called Kid Named Chicago) did this song first, making Jamie All Over a cover (or a half cover, as I like to call it ^.^).

So go, look them up. Do it now! Run!

0 comments:

Post a Comment