Top 5 Songs (Week Starting 18/05/09)

Ok, I think this is more of a tunes than lyrics week, so stick with me on this one. It's not been that much of a music week, I've sort of been trying to devise a rough idea of my top 100 songs of all time in my head, for a blog anniversary or something. However, this is what I've got for this week:

5. Crash Romeo - Actions Not Words

Ok, actions not words is NOT a perfect song, I admit that now. The song doesn't really catch me much. BUT, there is this one line that hits me really hard. It goes "what've I done? What have I done to me?" I guess it kinda illustrates this whole ex situation (she tried speaking to me again yesterday) and what I became while i was with her...

4. Alkaline Trio - This Could Be Love

Alkaline Trio practically introducted me to rock, with a song called time to waste. It was one of the first rock songs i ever got into and I still love it. This could be love has this sinister appeal to it that manages to attract me :p

Good lyrics: "Step one -- slit my throat
Step two -- play in my blood
Step three -- cover me in dirty sheets and run laughing out of the house"

3. The All American Rejects - The Last Song

Three years ago, I found a song called "my paper heart", I fell in love with it, and borrowed The all american rejects' first two albums. I still think their first is their best, and this is one of the songs on it, it's also one of my fave music videos :p Why do i like it? nice lyrics, steady beat, amazing instrumental. Sorted.

Good Lyrics: "You wanted the best
It wasn't me
Will you give it back?
Now I'll take the lead
When there's no more room
To make it grow
I'll see you again
You'll pretend you're naive
Is this what you want?
Is this what you need?
How you end up, let me know"

"[Chorus]
As I go, remember
All the simple things you know
My mind is just a crutch
And I still hope
That you will miss me when I'm gone
This is the last song"

2. 3OH!3 - Colorado Sunshine

It's like some kind of techno, I think. What I know about it is that it has a really catchy beat :p and the chorus is catchy too, even though the lyrics to it aren't perfect. Stick with it if ever you listen to it because the intro isn't that great, it get's good after the first verse.

Good Lyrics: "And if i had something to say to you i'd whisper it softly,
kiss you on your rosey lips and never let you off me.
shiver on your roof and see your face lit by starlight,
hold you through the night and watch that colorado sunrise."

"and as long as it's okay with you i think i'll stay right here.
i got no where to go cuz where to go is up to you, dear.
happy as a clam i see the glimmer in your eyes.
hold you through the night and watch that colorado sunrise."

1. Relient K - In love With The 80s

I love this song, the tune catches me so easily and the lyrics are delightfully punky :p it also mentions the prom a lot, so i guess it relates back to that. Apart from that, it's awesome =D

"So it was jeremy in 1983,
In his ocean pacific t,
Who got a bloody knee,
On his skateboard,
In the halfpipe,
In the backyard,
That tuesday night.

And I'm only gonna pierce my left ear,
And I've been working on this mustache all summer long,
And my favorite band will always be tears for fears,
And I'm gonna wear a pink tux to the prom

Cuttin class through the next four window,
He's drivin fast cause he never did a thing slow,
And I look up to my big bro cuz in the eighties
all the ladies grabbed his hand
and couldn't let go.

And I'm only gonna pierce my left ear,
And I've been working on this mustache all summer long,
And my favorite band will always be tears for fears,
And I'm gonna wear a pink tux to the prom, a pink tux to the prom.

Do, do, do-do, do, do, Pink tux to the prom,
Do, do, do-do, do, do, Pink tux to the prom

I am gonna to wear a pink tux to the prom,
Live without a care, what can possibly go wrong?

When you're the president of the breakfast club,
And you're not hesitant to fall in love,
To fall in love, to throw it away,To fall in love with the eighties.

I am gonna wear a pink tux to the prom,
Live without a care, what can possibly go wrong?
I am gonna wear a pink tux to the prom,
Live without a care 'cause you threw it away to fall in love
With the eighties..

Do, do, do-do, do
Do, do, do-do, do
Do, do, do-do, do"

0 comments:

Post a Comment