Story Time! (Part 3)

Buses were only something I’d been using recently, I’d got this card that cut my fares in half, so I thought I’d might as well start using it. Jen didn’t talk much on the way to hers; she appeared to be deep in thought about something, something bad. I asked “is there something on your mind Jen?” four or five times, I only ever got “Oh? Yeah,” before she floated back to “Jennifer Land” again. In the end I turned my attention to the outside of the bus, realizing that one of us had to pay attention to where we were. As the bus turned into her road, I gave her a good flick to bring her back to earth. Her eyes widened and her face grew pale,
“Whassamatta?” I asked,
“Nothing,” she replied, quickly regaining control and bringing herself back to normal. She gave my arm a pull, “come on, I need a bath,”
“Charming.”

When we got in, she dragged me up to her room, sat me at her desk, grabbed some clothes and locked herself in the bathroom. Naturally, I’d been hoping for this to happen, I pulled out my memory stick and rammed it into her computer. What? You think I wouldn’t have planned? You’ve obviously not been listening carefully enough. Anyway, I booted up the computer and stormed into her documents.
“History, history, history,” I mumbled to myself, scanning the endless amount of folders,
“Gotcha!” I exclaimed, copying the folder to my memory stick. I needed to take a quick look before shutting everything down though. What I found was something else.

I don’t know how she found these people, I don’t know why they chose her, but I knew either way it was bad. These people were dangerous, no doubt about it. They played with peoples heads by posing as help, then driving them to suicide…I couldn’t catch them, they were invisible... Just scrolling through the conversations made me feel sick. Evidently they unpicked her feelings about her looks first and then her personality, finally making her admit suicide was the best way out. I hated it. Suddenly it dawned on me. Jennifer wasn’t bathing.

“Jen? Jennifer?” No reply, “Jennifer?!” Still nothing, I held my ear to the door, trying to pick up any kind of movement. Nothing! This was beyond bad, I couldn’t think straight…I knocked. Nothing. Knocked harder, still nothing! I tried the door, locked, obviously! Argh! I sat on the top stair with my ear to the wall, trying to slow my heart beat at the same time. Suddenly, movement! A quick splash, then heavy breathing. It was good enough for me.
“Jennifer!” I shouted,
“Wha…” was the dazed reply,
“Dry yourself, get dressed and come out please. We need to talk.”

Part 4

0 comments:

Post a Comment