The (Late) Birthday Blog/Zombieland

Today was (technically) my birthday thing. The original plan was to just go to my favourite (not closest) cinema and watch a good zombie film with Emma, who also wanted to see a good zombie film. Later I successfully added to this the concept of pizza (: So, the final plan was to meet in Hemel (or "the OTHER town") and then walk to the cinema, eat pizza, see a zombie film.

Obviously the theory involves rainbows and bunny rabbits and all that jazz, the reality involved me standing out in the rain and dark, waiting for the bus that decided to be ten minutes late. No bother, better late than never. By the time I arrived in Hemel, Emma's mum had already offered to give us a lift to Empire (my place of worship), So even though my bus was kind of late, we ended up arriving at pizza hut earlier than expected. We ate (I wont give the details) and then watched our film. Another ticket to add to my collection (Yes, I do keep my tickets)

The review - Zombieland

Zombieland is a film set in an America overrun by zombies. The protagonist of the film is a survivor due to the aid of a set of rules that he wrote himself (for instance rule #1: Cardio, you need to be fit to outrun a zombie), he meets a "badass" partner and they travel together. That's all I'm going to tell you in terms of story (:

Basically, when I said I wanted to see a good zombie film, I just meant a zombie film. It was just an added bonus that this particular zombie film IS actually good. First off: it does provide your daily allocation of gore, Secondly: it's funny (and I'm not generous when I give marks for American comedy films). If I was to do an "*Insert film name here* meets *insert film name here*", I'd say it's Dawn of the Dead meets Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide. That might not sound good to you, but the important thing is that it's ORIGINAL. One of the clever features of the film is that whenever a rule is obeyed, it pops up somewhere on the screen (but in a way so that it goes with the camera shot displayed) just to remind us.

Overall, I think it's worth a good 8.5/10.

P.S. Thanks for coming Emma! It was pretty damn awesome (:

1 comments:

Unknown said...

well, it seems like the movie "Zombieland" satisfied you on your birthday together with your friend...

ladybug birthday party supplies

Post a Comment