It's been a strange week...

That's becoming a bit of a catchphrase for me now, I must say it every Friday. However, this week is definitely up there in levels of strange, the good kind of strange. I'll get straight to it: admittedly, Monday was pretty normal, I'll give it that. Tuesday will need a new paragraph though.

On Tuesday, the entire sixth form had to go to an all day assembly called "human utopia". It was basically about us making the most out of life by getting into "the panic zone". It was fairly interesting, but the thing is that I think it came a few weeks too late. One of the activities was to bring people who didn't know each other together, which I did last week. Another was to stand up if we were bullied and say why. This activity was more like a year late, because since January, I've been working through it all with myself and it's not really been a problem. The thing is, the day did effect a lot of people, including my best friend. What makes it even worse is that I really didn't know what to do. I used to be a guy that could solve pretty much anything and always knew what to say, but that was for some kind of knowledge. Since then, I chose friends over knowledge and my amazing problem solving skills just disappeared, but at the same time so did my problem creating skills, I prefer things this way. It was then and there I truly realised how bad my social skills were, they REALLY need to be improved...

Wednesday was university preview day over in Portsmouth: I was there. The plan was originally to go and see a talk on Biology, a talk on Media production, a talk on Maths and a talk on Accommodation and finance. We got there late, so that was biology out of the window. The talk on Media Production was amazing: the university actually owns a TV station so that students can run it for the course. That wasn't the part I was interested in though, I wanted to direct. Some of the footage shown was amazing, they had won so so many awards. It's set that if I ever want to do media production, I'm going to Portsmouth. That was the only talk I went to in the end, apparently I didn't miss anything with biology and maths though, I'll go look for those elsewhere. After that we went to explore the local shopping area, which is pretty much just clothes and a line of restruants (literally), we found subway on the end of the line and ate there. It was an interesting day, running around a city I barely knew with nothing but a really rough map and a guy who shares my first name, it reminded me of my will that should help me find the way in life.

In a sense, Thursday was the strangest day of the week because it was set out to be a normal day. Obviously this didn't happen and I ended up spending ALL of my lessons in the sixth form study area because none of my teachers were available to teach my lessons at the right time. I also got my book, "How to win friends and influence people". But my album STILL hasn't arrived, some first class delievery...

Friday, today. Yesterday I found a message in my facebook inbox from callum asking if I wanted to go and see "Up" in 3d, I did. We had a normal school day and on the way home I got some cash out of the machine at tescos. A bit further up the road, James and myself saw a man using a golf club as a mimic guitar . . . while riding his bike! Anyway, I got home and sat down, replied to a text at 3pm and shut my eyes. At 5pm my mum woke me up. The strange thing was that the reply to my text came at about 5:10pm. Anyway, I got the cinema in time and as I met and greeted the ladies and gentlemen I'd be sharing my cinema viewing with, I spotted something out of the corner of my eye: it was only the one and only Emily Crye! I hadn't seen her since May (It was blogged), I spoke to her for a bit - further showing myself that my social skills were just plain bad - and then went back to the till to pay for my ticket. Or at least that's what I thought, because the ticket cost TEN POUNDS FORTY FIVE! Luckily, Aaron had some silvers. The film itself was good, I wouldn't call it 3d, just UHD (ultra-high definition). It made me laugh quite a lot, pixar films have always had that charming quality to them, and they're always original concepts (except maybe Nemo). I reccomend it, but maybe only the 2d version :P Afterwards I was offered a lift home by Aaron. It's a weird feeling having a friend who can drive, it's always something I imagined :P

So, thank you to Tom for keeping me company on the coach to portsmouth, Adam for keeping me company in media production, Ewan for keeping me company while everyone else went to games technology and on thursday, Rajiv for keeping me company on thursday and telling me the time of the cinema today, James for generally being a great mate, Callum, Daisy, Damaris and Aaron for a lovely cinema trip and lift home and most importantly Eleanor, for just being there.

1 comments:

eleanor1812 said...

bit steep for a cinema ticket! seeing Up tomorrow, hope it's as good as you say

Post a Comment