Brains! (a geeky post)

One note before I start tonight: I FINALLY HAVE 10 FOLLOWERS!!! FUCK TO THE YEAH!!! WOO!!! Ok, let's begin.

Tonight, I thought I'd be generally geeky and talk about games. I'll focus on one game in particular: Left 4 dead. It's a zombie game, and if I'm gonna get back to Team Fortress 2 (for the updates!!) I need to nurse my accuracy skills back to health, surely blowing zombie heads to bits is the only way? So yeah, I killed some zombies, got pissed off at my team mates and felt pretty cool. Then I played online.

Ok, so the basic outline of the mode I was in was to survive for as long as possible in your team of four. No problem. Problem: my team mates were all Spanish. We did ok, our best time was just over three minutes and we barely shot each other at all, I just followed them and shot things, like a good team mate. then I always died trying to get to them to help them get up or by getting punched off of the top of a lighthouse into water by the biggest fuck off zombie ever. About 5 rounds passed until I had one of the best L4D experiences ever.

The round started in the set up phase as normal, but then a couple of shots were fired between two of the four players. The other player and myself ran to the top of the lighthouse and watched below as the action unfolded, my "lighthouse buddy" started firing some shots downwards, I stayed quiet. Soon a carefully placed grenade from one player blew the other guy down, and another took the other player down, thrown by the "lighthouse buddy", he followed up by going down and finishing them both off. He healed himself, I thought "great, I wonder how long we can really survive with only half a team", then the inevitable happened: a shot fired at me. It hit the rail in front of me, I instinctively crouched and emptied a clip in the direction of my ex lighthouse buddy.

What ensued can only be described by me as epic. It would make a great movie scene any day. He ran out of sight, I climbed down and picked up a shotgun from the stash for short range combat, we fired off a few rounds inside the lighthouse until i decided to retreat and retrieve my rifle again. he used this opportunity to throw down a few molotovs and block my path so he could heal himself again, I headed to the roof and did the same. The gunfights followed by healing continued to happen (at various places around the area) until there were two medical packs left: I quickly took advantage and used one and took the other for later use. Turned out I needed it, he got the advantage at close range and we took the fight to the lighthouse balcony. While he stayed up, I headed down and took a sniper rifle.

During the cease fire that followed, I suddenly realised that no zombies had arrived yet, I haven't a clue why, maybe they just saw the gun fire and thought "fuck that, they're mental". Anyway, the cease fire ended when my team mate turned opponent decided to jump up to sneak a few shots in, I was ready and crammed in two sniper rounds before he landed. Eventually I realised that the fight was mine, and so did he. He said something in Spanish, and then jumped again. I finally picked him off with a sneaky shot where he just accidentally left his head in view while walking around the lighthouse. The following scene involved me standing over my incapacitated foe on the edge of the lighthouse balcony (who was still wielding two pistols even though he couldn't walk), punching him in the face. I'd quite happily add dialogue of "You bastard! You bastard!" for dramatic effect. It just showed that breaking the rules to create a game of your own is cool (but only if every one's up for it, if not, you're just being a dick) and more importantly, that I'm a winner =D. Anyway, my geeky session is nearly over now, I'll just leave you with this spoof video of the game, because I love it ^.^ (it's very true when related to game play).

0 comments:

Post a Comment