Embrace

This is going to be my first proper blog post in a long time. A post where I actually talk about myself and not a post about what I've been doing, only to get lazy halfway through and let my bad photography take over.

It's 2011, it kinda crept in, didn't it? no, okay. I was ill anyway, it must have been 2010's bitter revenge for me letting go so quickly. It's okay though, because 2011 has kindly nursed me back to health. It's a scary thing though, the new year, because you're almost forced to give yourself a peer review and come up with solutions. I wasn't really forced.

In the past year, it's safe to say that I've changed a hell of a lot, I had to to make it. In the past few months alone I've had to change to accomodate college into my life, which is really hard. I mean, I've gone from being the slacker back at Francis Combe to being the super geek at Harrow College, I'm the one to beat (supposedly). That doesn't mean I'm working to my standards though, I need to be doing so much better if I want to carry on succeeding. This is why I'm up now, writing on a Sunday morning so you can be reading this on a Monday afternoon. There you go, those are resolutions one and two (which I'm making up while writing this post). Sleeping pattern and general organization. Three days in and they aren't going too badly, it has to stay on track though, I have an exam on the 10th and another on the 19th, and I don't think retakes are on the house this year.

I know that more changes are in order, some essential, some not so much. For the latter, I'm going to delete most of the music off of my phone, i don't listen to 90% of it, and the playtime for all of it is something stupid like 73 hours. Start watching BBC news, stupid little things like that. Yes, it's boring, I know, but when you step back from life that's what you get. I mean, if you snowboard down the side of a mountain through explosions and gunfire every morning, you'd get bored of it eventually, right? Besides, I don't find it boring, it's new and exciting!

...yeah. It's not like I'll change much of what I am, just how I act when it comes to responsible things, so you probably wont see any of this. It's not like my life is riddled with responsibility anyway, it's just responsibility for myself, maybe picking up things that need to be done around the house, stuff like that. I'm going to have to do it all some day anyway, so why not start now?

Either way, it's time to embrace 2011.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

so yeah i made a gmail account

Post a Comment