So very, very close.

But not quite, I'm not the kind of guy who waits around for his birthday like a chump, I'm the fucker who celebrates a day early! Celebrations will also be held on the day and the day after. Those interested, take a leaflet.

Tonight was easily one of the best, if not THE best birthday celebration of my life so far, and not only because I got to eat my favourite meal. The lineup for the night was Eleanor, Tom, James, Daisy, Aaron and Damaris. Keep in mind that the latter three had come back from uni, which was amazing.

Not long after we got our table I was assaulted by staff, who tied six balloons to me:

pictures available when I get them,no prizes for guessing who from.

Believe me, it's ridiculously awkward to eat dinner with 2 balloons tied to each of your wrists.

To my stalkers: dinner was surf n' turf (that's king prawns and steak) with mushroom sauce and cheesy mash, it was amazing. But that wasn't all, since the traditional birthday "humiliation" (with free cake) was next on the cards:



Afterwards, I managed to pull myself away from the memorisation that the fire atop the candle produced to say a few improvised words to respond to the typical "speech" chant. I'll try to recreate it for the purpose of this blog as best I can:
Fire, I like fire. Like my candle, I was ignited, 18 years ago, and luckily my flame grew, and spread from thatched roof to thatched roof. May my flame continue to spread, may all our flames continue to spread. I like fire.
I think that's fairly accurate.

After this, Damaris managed to ruin the whole day by spilling coke, the whole day. I'm joking, I got over it. I ate my cake, and my brownies, and my ice cream, then we left.

It was great.

Also, I got a few early presents, a planner from Aaron (I'm more organised than you think), money from Tom, and this from Daisy:

It's just the most amazing thing. I already love it , But what do I call it? Suggestions on a postcard please.

Tomorrow, I become an adult.

P.S. 60mph in a mini is terrifying.

3 comments:

eleanor1812 said...

Glad you enjoyed your birthday celebration, it was brilliant! i will have the pictures/video up by monday, i promise!
also, maybe you could call the venus flytrap Petra? i just think it suits :)

Katoli said...

in response to your loverlayy comment on my blog:
I still rarely blog, it's suddenly become difficult balencing college/money/smoking/volenteering for rspca/friends D:
In any event, Happy birthday!
& I sincerely apologise for the many inconviences and what ever else I've caused you over the years.

&&& I will not over stalk my American :)
We tend to need each other for different things, we sort of end up just sticking together :)

x

Adam said...

Apology accepted.

I'm sorry also. We turned out okay in the end, that's what's important!

Thanks for the birthday wish too, I honestly wish I could just collapse right now and sleep through to Monday, but no, I'm out all day tomorrow too. Fun fun.

Post a Comment