Road Trip!

It's funny, I'm not quite sure how to explain yesterday...

Okay, I woke up at about 1pm, to my mother informing me of Aaron's arrival (obviously completely unanticipated). So I got up and sorted myself out and came down to witness my mother giving him a mysterious piece of paper, and then me some money. Shortly upon leaving, I discovered that the piece of paper had a list of free attractions in Hertfordshire, at least one decent day out had to be on here. Our first move was to call Eleanor, to ask if she wanted to come with us, obviously she agreed.

At Eleanor's I grabbed some toast and we got down to planning, we decided it could be like a teeeeeeeeeeeeeensy road trip! We marked five locations we wanted to hit and sat down at Eleanor's computer to find out where these locations actually were, and promptly shortened our trip to three locations: Hertford, Whipsnade and Tring. I guessed that to use a Satnav on a road trip was cheating, so I stole a road map from Eleanor's and we got moving. I only remembered that my phone had a moderately decent camera when we got to Hertford. The rest of this story will be told with the aid of photography!

Hertford castle, truth be told this castle is actually only three walls and a moat. I think my picture did it some justice.

After visiting the castle I hit the local Subway and got me some lunch, we also found an old style sweet shop where i picked up a packet of jellybeans from the jellybean factory (as I am a jellybean connoisseur). After exploring the town some more (and it was an awesome town), we hit the road again.

We met a ridiculous amount of traffic on the way to Whipsnade Tree Cathedral, but we had fun all the same.

After escaping the traffic we were all a bit bored, until we found Dunstable Downs!


After ice creams all around, we continued our search for the Tree Cathedral. There was only ONE SIGN pretty much opposite the place. I think we were quite lucky to find it, although, it wasn't much...
That last picture is Aaron lying in the "Dew pond". Yeah, place was a bit of a disappointment.

We had to cut Tring from the schedule in the end because it was nearly 7pm when we left the Cathedral. In retrospect, the three walls of Hertford and the trees and hedges of Whipsnade were horrible, but the day out with two of my best friends was fantastic, which is all that matters (:

1 comments:

eleanor1812 said...

it actually was a really awesome day

thanks for inviting me along!
:)

Post a Comment