And then you stop

and you think

"what am I doing?

Everyday I spend listening to people telling me that they'll call, or they'll pick up if I call on a certain day because they won't be busy, or that they'll see me soon. I don't believe them. Maybe we're having a conversation about pasts or whatever, I don't care who knows what about my past and yet I still don't believe the pasts of others. I have no trust anymore, no faith in what I'm told.

As a result of this, I don't really feel close to any of my friends, I feel like I don't belong, or I'm not worthy to be around the likes of them. I'm far from alone, but I'm lonely.

It takes only one person to survive, but it takes more to live. I survive, but I don't live."

Or...maybe that's just me.

2 comments:

eleanor1812 said...

Now i'm having none of this. you are perfectly 'worthy' to be around us, and don't let anything fool you otherwise. everyone has a past, and whether you choose to show it, conceal it, or lie about it, the fact remains that it is PAST. the past shapes our present and future actions, but does not define them.
you are right, living is about more than just surviving or existing, but you have to make that way. your friends (you have a lot of them, by the way) will help you, but ultimately you are the master of your own fate.

Roar.

Anonymous said...

What she said.

Couldn't have a DA win without our stealth scout!

You mean a lot to me :)

Post a Comment