Breaking the silence.

Okay, a lot's happened over the past week and a bit, most of it's been rather unfortunate. I messed up on four out of five of my AS exams, here's what I got:

Media: U
English: E
Biology: E
Maths: D
Further Maths: B

As per usual, my highest grade was from the exam I put the least effort in to, and I got the highest in the school for it (there were only three of us).

Swiftly moving on, I've decided to break the silence over something I've mentioned on my blog only once. It's not so much of a like, more of an obsession. Those who know me well enough already know that I'm about to say "today, I'm going to talk about Scott Pilgrim"

Today, I'm going to talk about Scott Pilgrim.
I'll try and give you an insight to the story line of the comic book series by quoting the synopsis of the first book.
"Scott Pilgrim's life is so awesome. He's 23 years old, in a rock band, "between jobs," and dating a cute high school girl. Everything's fantastic until a seriously mind-blowing, dangerously fashionable, rollerblading delivery girl named Ramona Flowers starts cruising through his dreams and sailing by him at parties. But the path to Ms. Flowers isn't covered in rose petals. Romona's seven evil ex-boyfriends stand in the way between Scott and true happiness. Can Scott beat the bad guys and get the girl without turning his precious little life upside-down? "
From reading that, I was already drawn in and NOTHING anybody said or will ever say has or will drag me away from these books. Ever.


I can name every character in that picture.

This year is huge for Scott Pilgrim for two reasons. The first is that the final book in the series is out in the summer, the second is that the film is also out this Summer, after the book (This also means a Scott Pilgrim soundtrack and masses of Scott Pilgrim merchandise!).

What else can I say? Scott Pilgrim is my PC wallpaper, wallpaper of my old mobile phone, It's soon to be my steam avatar soon. I follow the blogs of both Bryan Lee O'Malley (creator) and Edgar Wright (director). Which directs me to songs like this:

The Former Fatboys - Seven evil exes


And now that I've gotten this all out, I'm free to post random pictures stolen from Bryan Lee O'Malley's website with no questions asked ^.^ (you'll find the link down the side of my blog)

1 comments:

eleanor1812 said...

i actually dig this song ^_^

Post a Comment