One of them life updates.

I've had a lot of demands saying "update your blog!" lately, admittedly most of them have been from the same person, but oh well. It's hard, because I don't really want to write a post which basically says "failing at life LOL", but fine, here we go.

I got my results about three weeks ago, since then I've been looking for a new place of education. In that time, I've been rejected by 17 places of learning. Seventeen. Friday was pretty much it, I went to enroll in the college which was somehow made to be a place of dreams, where anyone and everyone gets accepted. Apparently that was wrong.

So, where now? I've worn out the possibilities of anywhere in Watford, Hemel Hempstead and now St Albans. Next up on the list are Harrow and Stevenage, lovely.

What doesn't help is the barrage of people asking how I'm coping, or how I feel. I'd love to say "I'm doing fine, 18th time lucky!", but really, it's starting to get to me, I'm not fine at all. Obviously people are worried about me, which is touching, however, I'm kind of still trying to get my life back on track, wherever that track may be. Another thing that isn't helping is that my parents are starting to talk about me getting a job. Perfect, let's just give up on what little ambition I have left and become a dish washer, why not? God, I love washing dishes...

However, all is not lost! I have a cute little anecdote for you while I lose the will to live: Back when I was little, I used to have these toy cars, where you could split them into two halves, front and back. They were in a set, you could reattach them to other kinds of car to make new kinds of cars, like having the front of a beetle with the back of a jeep. They gave me hours and hours of endless fun. I think I still have a few of them upstairs. They gave me joy.

What's the equivalent of mix 'n' match toy cars for a 17 year old?

Oh, by the way, I'm 18 in just under three weeks. Fun fun.

2 comments:

Katoli said...

Did you get rejected from Oaklands? Even I got in there. Seriously. Most of the people going got Us in all their As levels and thats why they're here. Somewhere WILL take you.

Adam said...

Well, Stevenage are gonna call me and I'm off to Harrow tomorrow. So fingers crossed!

Post a Comment