Learning to read.

Instinctively, that is.

I NEED to read, it keeps my head working properly, it stimulates my imagination and in a lot of ways it makes me a better person. So I've had an idea. It's well known that a lot of my thinking will somehow come down to a deck of cards, if you haven't noticed yet, it can't be too far off. So here it is: I'm going to assign each book (or series of books that I read from now on with a card. I already use cards as bookmarks so it's not really changing much. But my challenge is to have a full deck within a year. Doesn't sound too bad, does it?

My first book is The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, it's card is the king of hearts. It's the first book in a trilogy, so as long as I can latch onto the second book relatively quickly, finishing these books wont be too much of a problem. You want a short review? It's pretty good.

Remember the reading list I published a while back? I haven't actually finished any of the books on it yet, which shows how much I really need this. It's good for my writing too, which is good news for you guys. At least the guys who are left.

Although, there's nothing wrong with a new beginning.

3 comments:

eleanor1812 said...

can i borrow the hunger games when you've finished please? i've been wanting to read that series for a while, but never managed to get hold of it :P

Adam said...

Go to abbots library Monday afternoon, problem solved.

Nickkazama01 said...

Reading helps with a lot of things. Vocab, punctuation, ect. The thing is to find books that you really enjoy and stick with it, don't go reading 2 or 3 a books at a time cos that'll just fuck with your head. I did that but I don't now, as my attention span can sometimes deviate.

That's a good idea with the whole card thing, but you should try and find yourself a decent bookmark - it can be your best friend and worst enemy at times. You might be reading slow at the moment but in time it will improve (I was once a slow reader) but it all depends on the book you're reading.

Post a Comment