Mortality

Injuries seem to occur at the weirdest time, of course this provides a huge comedy value, as mine did. A friend and myself were simply hitting a bouncy ball across a set of tables to each other and my leg collapsed from under me. It seemed fine, just a teensy pain, so I decided to walk home with James. Injuries never seem too bad at first. I started getting some pretty bad twinges after james and me parted and so when I got home I decided to ask my father about it, you know, just to see if he could make a diagnosis. He revealed that I'd strained the ligament in my knee...

It didn't stop there, my knee continued to stiffen throughout the evening, my dad provided me with a crutch and the only thing that really kept me moving was grim determination. I put the rabbit away myself, I mean, I just wanted to keep moving so that my leg wouldn't stiffen up too quickly. Dad also revealed that he thought I'd torn the ligament...

I decided to go to bed at 12:45, it's late, but not too late, but stairs were virtually beyond me, so I found myself falling asleep in my dad's chair for nearly an hour, until I finally decided that I NEEDED to get to bed. It took me about 10 minutes to get up the stairs. Well, I say the stairs, it was only the top three stairs that provided the obstacle, because I had no higher stairs to hold on to, no stair rail either. But with some determination, I finally got to bed.

I wasn't able to get up at 7am this morning, so I gave school a miss. To be fair, I'd have had to traverse tonnes of stair cases so it really wouldn't have worked out. I'm not sure if I'll get my EMA bonus anymore either...

It makes me sound helpless, weak, pathetic, and I don't like writing this anymore than you'll enjoy reading this, but it's something I want you to read. I'm not the kind of person that faces injuries all the time, I'm lucky. But in a way, that makes me unlucky; when I recieve an injury it knocks me down for longer than it would others. There's nothing I can do, after all: I'm only mortal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment